10 Tips For Keeping Your Hair Healthy And Beautiful
You see the actress and even the actors in movies, having hair better than yours and it makes you envious of their natural tresses. Well, for them having those luscious locks requires a lot of maintenance on their part. And you for one can take the first few baby steps in your daily hair care routine to manage your hair and reduce the damage to your hair that you have done knowingly or unknowingly.
- Eat balanced food, rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, biotin, iron, omega 3 and protein. They are essential for a healthy hair. Take supplements with a balanced diet for better results.
- Brush your hair twice every day. After waking up and before going to bed. It’s best to untangle your hair before washing your hair and before going to sleep. Brushing your hair increases the blood circulation in your scalp resulting in healthier and shinier hair. Avoid brushing your hair when wet, as the hair strands tend to be loose then. Don’t rub your towel too hard against your wet hair to avoid drying out your hair. Also, it tangles your hair up even more.
- Apply hair oil once a week to provide nourishment to your hair roots.
- You don’t need to wash your hair every single day. Doing so, in turn, damages your hair more by stripping it off its natural moisture and oils. It makes your hair brittle and easy to break. Washing it 2-3 times a week is enough. Make sure that you wash off the shampoo properly otherwise it will build up in the roots of your hair and have negative effects as they are necessarily chemicals. Use a shampoo which has more organic or natural composition to those having a more chemical composition as they have silicone.
- Always condition your hair after washing. It is necessary to condition the ends of your hair as they are more exposed to heat and chemicals for styling.
- Apply a hair mask once a week and has regular hair spa for a healthy, beautiful hair.
- Apply hair serum to the length of your hair especially the ends avoiding the roots. It helps reduce the frizz and makes hair more manageable and shinier. Especially if you have curly hair or dry hair, hair serum is a must. Applying hair serum before styling your hair with heat or blow drying as it provides a protective coating over your hair.
- Avoid using styling products like strengtheners, curlers, hair gels, hair sprays etc. And it’s best to let your hair dry naturally instead of using a blow dryer.
- Avoid coloring your hair. But if you must, go for ammonia-free formulas and avoid going two shades lighter than your natural hair color as it requires bleaching your hair which is extremely damaging.
- Tie up your hair if you are going to be in an extremely humid weather or polluted environment and trim your hair every 2 months.
If you follow these above-mentioned tips, you will soon see the results and have those beautiful bouncy tresses that you so desire, leaving everyone jealous and wanting to know the secret behind it!